Gilford Hardware & Outdoor Power Equipment Deck Screws
Use on decking, fencing, siding and other exterior projects.
• Some screws have a self-countersinking feature so no screw heads are above the surface of the wood.
• Newer deck fastening systems use hidden fasteners so there are no visible screws for a clean installation.
• Coated to resist corrosion. Different types of coatings are available.
• Electrogalvanized screws have a thin zinc coating. This type is inexpensive and moderately effective at resisting corrosion.
• Some screws have a layer of epoxy or ceramic for reliable corrosion resistance.
• Hot-dipped galvanized screws have a coating of zinc and are more effective at resisting corrosion.
• Stainless steel screws have the best corrosion resistance, especially for areas exposed