Machine Screws Available at Gilford Hardware & Outdoor Power Equipment
• Intended to be screwed into pre-threaded holes in metal.
• Another type is a Thread-Cutting Machine Screw, which has a head that cuts its own threads as it goes into a hole.
• May look like a bolt, but user drives it with a screwdriver instead of a wrench.
• Thread is measured in threads per inch, or tpi. Comes in coarse (24 threads per inch) and fine (32 threads per inch) sizes.
• Can have round, oval, flat and fillister heads. • They are sized according to diameter, thread and length. Example: a 6-32x3/4 means the screw has a 6-gauge diameter with 32 threads per inch and is 3/4” long.