✔ White wash pickling helps control the effect of grain raising on soft and hardwoods and promotes uniform penetration.
✔ Use on all types of hard and Soft woods
✔ FAST, 1-5 min dry time!
Minwax® Water Based Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner helps limit the effect of grain rising on both soft and hard woods by promoting consistent penetration of Minwax® Water Based Wood Stain and Minwax® White Wash Pickling Stain.
To prepare for staining, use as the initial step in any water-based stain project on any type of wood.
Water-based pre-stain wood conditioner reduces blotching and streaking, resulting in a stunning, even stain color.
Instrucciones en Español
(For Interior Use Only)
WARNING! Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.
Surface must be dry, clean, and free of dirt, grease, glue, and any existing coatings before staining.
Sand the wood in the direction of the grain, first using medium-grade sandpaper (#120) working your way to fine-grade sandpaper (#220). Do Not Use Steel Wool.
Remove all sanding dust.
Stir contents thoroughly before use. Do not apply when temperature is below 55°F. Do not thin.
Apply Minwax® Water Based Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner with a synthetic bristle brush, foam brush or clean cloth. Allow to penetrate 1-5 minutes.
Remove excess with a clean cloth. Do not allow product that has not penetrated the wood to dry on the wood surface.
After 15-30 minutes, lightly sand the surface with fine-grade sandpaper (#220) to smooth any raised grain. Remove all sanding dust.
Surface is now ready for staining with Minwax® Water Based Wood Stain.
COVERAGE: approximately 100-125 square feet per quart.
CLEANUP: soap and warm water.
Use only with adequate ventilation. To avoid overexposure, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air, or wear respiratory protection (NIOSH approved) or leave the area. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash hands after using. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
FIRST AID: In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water. Get medical attentional if irritation persists. If swallowed, call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately.
WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
CONFORMS TO ASTM D-4236. Contact a physician for more health information.
Brand Name: Minwax
Sub Brand: Water-Based Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner
Base Type: Water-Based
Product Type: Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner
Container Size: 1 qt
Application Method: Brush/Cloth
Coverage Area: 100-125 sq ft
Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor
Clean up: Soap and Water
🢂 READY TO PURCHASE?
Purchasing from Gilford Hardware & Outdoor Power Equipment is easy, we have two options:
• VISIT US: in-store and purchase Minwax Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner Water Based 1 qt. in person.
• CONTACT US: Confirm availability, Pay and Reserve your Minwax Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner Water Based 1 qt. (and any other products) and Pick up in-store at your conviencene
• WE CANNOT SHIP Minwax Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner Water Based 1 qt.
CONTACT US ➤ PAY ➤ PICK UP IN STORE AT YOUR CONVENIENCE*NO-SHOWS & RETURNS WILL BE SUBJECT TO A CREDIT CARD RETURN FEE*
🢂 SALES TAX FREE NEW HAMPSHIRE
• We're Located in Beautiful Gilford New Hampshire A Sales Tax FREE state.
• We are located very close to Lake Winnipesaukee! Make a day out of it and experience the outdoors while saving money on your next Purchase!
Are you working in New Hampshire or the Lakes Region? Gilford Hardware & Outdoor Power Equipment is eager to work with you today! Looking for bulk pricing? Contact us today!
• ACTIVE MILITARY, VETERAN & FIRST RESPONDER DISCOUNT: Gilford Hardware & Outdoor Power Equipment Thanks you for your service. Mention your service at check-out and we can apply a special discount for you.
• DISCONTINUED, OVERSTOCK, BROKEN BAG & "OOPS" PAINT DISCOUNTS: Things don't always go as planned, but thats okay because Gilford Hardware & Outdoor Power Equipment can pass the savings onto you. *Discounts Not Available on Most Outdoor Power Equipment (unless specifically mentioned) Discount Amount varies based on our cost, availability. Discount amount subject to change.*
HOURS OF OPERATION
• Monday-Friday 7:30 AM -5:00 PM
• Saturday 7:30 AM- 3:00 PM
• Sunday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
ALL BRANDS / ALL SIZES
We Refill All size Propane Tanks and Propane Tank brands. Save Money on your next Propane tank and Refill with us today!