Espoma Organic All Purpose Potting Mix 8 qt.
Espoma Organic All-Purpose Potting Mix 8 qt.
• Benefits •
• Description •
• Specification •
• Containers for both indoor and outdoor use
• Sphagnum peat moss, humus, and perlite in a rich combination
• Myco-tone® has been added to make it even better.
• Earthworm castings, alfalfa meal, kelp meal, and feather meal are added to the mix.
• 100% Organic All Natural
HOW TO APPLY Espoma Organic All-Purpose Potting Mix 8 qt.
• Choose a container that is larger than your plant's present container and has a drainage hole at the bottom, as well as a tray beneath it to capture any extra water.
• Add a layer of tiny stones on the bottom of the container to prevent soil from escaping.
• Fill one-third of the way with Espoma organic potting soil mix.
• Mix in the required amount of Espoma Organic Bio-tone Starter Plus with the potting mix well.
• Remove the plant from its present container with care and loosen the root ball carefully.
• Fill the new container with more potting mix and center the plant in it.
• Allow at least 1 inch between the pot's rim and the soil's surface.
• Gently pat the mixture down and add more if necessary. Make sure the plant is planted at the same depth as it was in the original container.
• Allow to drain after watering the plant thoroughly with a slow, moderate spray.
Allow the soil to dry to the touch between waterings to avoid overwatering. Catch water as it drains from the bottom using a tray or saucer. Allowing plants to stand in water is not a good idea. Plants in outdoor containers may need to be watered on a regular basis (once per day in hot, dry conditions).
Light: Some plants love to be in direct sunlight, while others prefer to be in shadow. To find the best exposure, look at the plant tag or ask at your local garden shop.
Frequent watering may quickly remove nutrients from the root zone, therefore feeding is important. Starting two weeks after planting, feed plants with Espoma Organic Plant Food at least once a month during the growth season.
Brand Name: Espoma
Ideal for Growing: All Purpose
Product Type: Potting Mix
Bag Capacity/Dry Volume: 8 qt.
Soil Type: Potting Soil
Ideal for growing media for all container plants
Contains no synthetic ingredients and is enhanced with mycorrhizae for optimum growth
This product is regionally formulated from 35-45% sphagnum peat moss, materials derived from one or more of the following (aged forest products, hummus and/or composted rice hulls), perlite, limestone to adjust pH, earthworm castings, alfalfa meal, kelp meal, feather meal, & yucca extract.
In New Hampshire, this product contains sphagnum peat moss, aged forest products, humus, perlite, limestone to adjust pH, earthworm castings, alfalfa meal, kelp meal, feather meal, and yucca extract.
Ectomycorrhizal Fungi: A total of 131.38 propagules / cc (3.7 million propagules per cubic foot) of the following 5 species:
Pisiolithus tinctorius 105.66
Rhizopogon luteolus 8.57
Rhizopogon roseolus 8.57
Scleroderma citrinum 4.29
Scleroderma verrucosum 4.29
Endomycorrhizal Fungi: A total of 0.072 propagules / cc (2,040 propagules per cubic foot) of the following 4 species
Rhizophagus irregularis 0.018
Septoglomus deserticola 0.018
Claroideoglomus etunicatum 0.018
Funneliformis mosseae 0.018